Mon - Thu
9 am - 4:30 pm
9 am - 3 pm
Latino Memphis posts job openings from many employers throughout the Mid-South, however, Latino Memphis doesn’t take job applications for such job openings. You must contact the employer directly to submit your application.
Your use of the Latino Memphis Job Board indicates you agree to and accept the terms listed in the Job Board Disclaimer.
In addition to accepting the terms listed in the Job Board Disclaimer, please make sure you read the FAQ for Employers before posting your job opening.
Aster College Prep is a tuition-free, 5th - 8th grade college preparatory public charter school designed for the students and families of Memphis. To learn more about our mission and vision, visit www.astercollegeprep.org and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at @astercollegeprep.
ABOUT ASTER COLLEGE PREP:
Through rigorous academics, within a structured and joyful school community, Aster College Preparatory Charter School educates scholars in grades five through eight for success in high school, college, and life.
On the first day of 5th grade, every student has four years left to prepare for the first day of high school and eight years to prepare for the first day of college. We refuse to believe that any 5th grade student – regardless of past performance in school -has their fate sealed when they enter 5th grade; therefore, we work urgently to help students catch up, keep up, and then get ahead.
To learn more, visit www.astercollegeprep.org.
Aster College Prep is looking for an independent contractor to provide targeted family outreach. This person will join Aster College Prep during a critical stage as we ramp up family and community engagement to promote awareness and student enrollment. Reporting to our Operations Manager, this opportunity will focus primarily on establishing connections and building trust with families.
The Parent Outreach Coordinator will act as a school ambassador in communities and will serve as the primary point of contact for new families whose primary language is Spanish.
The ideal candidate will not only be innovative but will also have an unwavering commitment to Aster College Prep’s mission, vision and core values.
• High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Bilingual (Spanish/English)
• Outgoing and able to quickly build trusting relationships with a broad set of people, including parents, external stakeholders, and community partners
• Adept at thinking strategically, translating plans into action, and exhibiting excellent judgment
• Demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and values of Aster College Prep
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish; experience giving formal presentations and trainings is a plus
• Comfort working with a flexible schedule
• Ability to self‐direct, exhibit flexibility, and drive results in a fast‐paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Experience or commitment to public education, social justice, efficacy and equity
• $10 - $15 an hour depending on experience
• This opportunity is contractual. With proven success, there is an opportunity for full-time employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Below is an overview of the key duties and responsibilities for Aster College Prep’s Parent & Community Outreach Coordinator. The list below is not exhaustive, but it is representative of the type of work we expect.
• Design and implement an overall outreach plan to engage families, particularly Spanish speaking families, to enroll at Aster College Prep.
• Work with School Leadership to identify, engage, and support community action groups and centers of influence.
• Provide information, advice, content, and recommendations for community engagement activities to School Leadership
• Maintain accurate and complete family and community participation and engagement data.
• Build nurturing relationships with new families, including phone call and home visits to identify family needs
• Assist in overcoming language barriers at gatherings, home and social visits, and at school activities
• Manage and attend recruitment events (including on some evenings and weekends
Prior experience with family and community engagement is a plus
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender,
sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
With proven success, there is an opportunity for full-time employment.
$10 - $15 an hour
Aster College Prep111 S Highland St. Suite 108Memphis, TN 38111Phone: 9012622008Fax: 9017534626
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.