Mon - Thu
9 am - 4:30 pm
9 am - 3 pm
Latino Memphis posts job openings from many employers throughout the Mid-South, however, Latino Memphis doesn’t take job applications for such job openings. You must contact the employer directly to submit your application.
Your use of the Latino Memphis Job Board indicates you agree to and accept the terms listed in the Job Board Disclaimer.
In addition to accepting the terms listed in the Job Board Disclaimer, please make sure you read the FAQ for Employers before posting your job opening.
Works under general direction to perform necessary tasks to satisfy requirements legislated under the Powers and Duties of the Sheriff found in Tennessee Code Annotated, Chapters 8-8-201 and 8-8-213.
Pay Grade: 49H
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possess a GED.
2. Must be minimum age of 21, at the time of application.
3. Must be of high moral character.
4. Discharged under honorable conditions from Armed Forces, if applicable [TN POST Rule 1110-2-.03(1)(f)].
5. Will be screened for misdemeanor/felony record. (Must not have been convicted of or plead guilty to, or entered a plea of no contest to any felony charge or to any violation of federal or state laws or city ordinances relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor, or controlled substances).
6. Attend and successfully complete a State of Tennessee Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) approved basic police training academy.
7. PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
1. Executes and returns process orders of the courts of record.
2. Aids and attends the courts as assigned.
3. Takes charge of custody of prisoners in the County Jail.
4. Serves, executes, and processes legally issued writs.
5. Makes initial investigations in response to dispatched calls for service.
6. Reviews and polices high accident locations and gives citations to violators.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to fulfill the requirements placed upon the office of the Sheriff Department.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
1. Knowledge of the rules and regulations applicable.
2. Knowledge of traffic safety, or the use, care, and operation of the patrol vehicle under all conditions; and of the use and care of firearms and police liability.
3. Ability to master thorough on-the-job training during the first years of services.
4. Ability to deal with the public with courtesy and tact.
5. Ability to exercise good judgment and independent decision-making.
6. Ability to use self-defense techniques.
Must be able to pass a physical agility test upon satisfying initial minimum qualifications.
1. Must be willing to work various shifts, holidays, and weekends.
2. Must submit to and be able to successfully complete a comprehensive background investigation.
3. After receiving a contingent offer of employment, must be able to pass a psychological and medical evaluation, and be subject to testing for substance abuse.
4. Must possess a valid Tennessee Driver’s License or secure one upon date of employment.
5. Must have daily access to an operable automobile and meet county requirements for automobile insurance upon date of employment.
6. Must be a citizen of the United States, or a permanent legal resident of the United States who is an honorably discharged veteran of the United States armed forces pursuant to §38-8-105(d).
7. Must be able to successfully pass a criminal history background check.
Apply at: https://tn-shelbycounty.civicplushrms.com/careers/JobDetail.aspx?enc=QPQDKqwXNuJybHyCBjvzp8K8zo6zN2xb3whP/7qckSNK23wBReJC+X8tE0MsktgU
Shelby County Sheriff201 Poplar Ave.Memphis, TN 38103Phone: 901-222-5500
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.